Monday, January 31, 2011

REJOICE!

Philippians 4:4-5 
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near."

Philippians 4 has been my life chapter for literally the last year and a half. For my discipleship group we are going over this chapter this week. I have been reading it every day and really trying to take in a little bit each day. Yesterday, the section above really got me to thinking....
Do I rejoice, I mean truly rejoice about my life??? So often I get caught up in life's struggles and circumstances I forget to rejoice. Does this verse say... "Rejoice if you feel like it" no, it simply says "REJOICE IN THE LORD ALWAYS."

I have also been reading the book So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore and in one of the chapters, I really liked this passage:
"God has entrusted each of us - male and female- with a brief measure of time on this planet, and each season is meant to be lived abundantly, effectively, powerfully, and pricelessly. It's our right as His prized creation..."

 I want to choose today to stand firm and consciously choose to live an abundant, effective, powerful, priceless, joy-filled, Christ-filled life. It may not always be easy, but Jesus is more than enough to rejoice over!

Isaiah 61:10 
"I delight greatly in the Lord;
     my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments
            of salvation
     and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness."

REJOICE!

Blessings,
Kate







1 comment:

  1. Makes me even more thankful that I'm blessed to be able to get to call you my amigo!

    ReplyDelete